Tim Boyle is Director, Innovation & Commercialisation and Founder of the nandin Innovation Centre, ANSTO’s centre for commercialisation, design innovation and entrepreneurship. Tim is an internationally recognised leader in research translation and IP commercialisation with over 20 years’ experience developing the interface between research and business. He has an enviable track record in technology licensing, developing industry collaborations and spinning out new ventures across a broad range of technology areas and disciplines on both domestic and international scale.
Tim leads the development and implementation of ANSTO's strategic initiatives working collaboratively with ANSTO stakeholders, industry, community partners and government. These initiatives include ANSTO's Innovation Precinct and development of translational research centres aligned with ANSTO research and industry needs. Tim also coordinates ANSTO's knowledge exchange and commercialisation activities. He is outcome focussed, always seeking to understand the client needs and ensure that ANSTO delivers value to exceed their expectations.
Tim has also worked in various knowledge exchange and technology development roles within higher education, information and pharmaceutical industry and throughout his career. Tim holds appointments as an Adjunct Professor with Swinburne University of Technology and Global Expert faculty with Singularity University.
Research interests and areas of expertise:
- The application of design innovation for the acceleration of technology transfer and research commercialisation
- Innovation and knowledge transfer metrics
Qualifications and Achievements:
- KCA Research Commercialisation Award – (2019)
- Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Award – “Partnerships with Impact” (2019)
- George Collins Award for Innovation – NCEPT (2018)
- George Collins Award for Innovation – Miltuximab (2016)
- The Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation (Technology) (2008)
- BBSRC Research Fellowship (2006)
- AVEXA Scholarship (2003)
- AMRAD Scholarship (2001)
- Australian Postgraduate Award (2001)
- Dean's Merit List (2000)
- Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor
- Chair, Alliance of Technology Transfer Professionals
- Director, Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia
- co-Chair, ShireBiz
- Standards Australia – Committee member MB-279 Innovation Management
- National Imaging Facility – Industry Engagement Committee
- Sutherland Shire Council – Economic Development and Tourism Committee